Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I Never Honk My Horn"

Today Nikki and I were in the drive thru at Arby's... I had paid for our meal and was waiting to be handed my food when all of a sudden the guy behind me honked his horn. I was kinda wondering "what the heck? I'm just waiting for my food!" but then I heard him yell out the window "Sorry!" and I saw that he was leaning over and realized he had probably just hit the horn by accident when trying to reach for something. I waved out the window and said "No prob!" and didn't think too much else of it. The Arby's lady handed me our food and I drove away. We decided to park in the parking lot and eat it in the car. So we were sitting there enjoying our curly fries and Beef & Cheddars when I look up to see that guy had parked his truck and was walking towards me. He looked rather non-threatening so I rolled the window down a bit and he was like "I just wanted to apologize. I never honk my horn. I was trying to read something on the gauges and had to get close to it because I'm getting old [pointing to his glasses] and when I leaned over, my elbow hit the horn. I'm so sorry. But seriously, that's one of my pet peeves. Horns are for safety - if someone is doing something dangerous or something where somebody could get hurt you give it a little beep-beep but it's not meant as a way to be rude to people. So I'm really sorry". I assured and then reassured him it was not a problem and I wasn't offended. He apologized one more time and then smiled and told us to have a good night and walked back to his truck. Nikki was like " haha i bet that would have never happened in New York!"

It's nice to know there's still some good people in this world... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true...i want to be like that some day

Anonymous said...

W-O-W...only in Arkansas! (or the south)..haha jk. but that's amazing! I don't mind horns so much but Grady gets totally angry when he even so much as hears a horn when driving just at the thought that it could be directed at him. but in Germany people would often give little "hey!" honks when the light would turn green (well yellow, then green) and you hadn't started to move yet. so we didn't mind it so much then either cause we did it to others too!