Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2 Years!!

It's hard to believe yesterday was our 2 year anniversary. So much has happened in those 2 years and yet it seems like just yesterday we were flirting in Brumfield's Christian Home class.
To celebrate the occasion (which lands right in the middle of finals week!) we went to the Old State House in Little Rock. I love that he shares my love of history and cool old buildings! The Old State House was really interesting. Perhaps one of my favorite pics of the whole time we were there however is this one:
There was a room with a trunk full of dress-up clothes and you could take pics on the train platform. The fun part is that Matt initiated the silly dress-up game... so much fun!
After the State House, we walked along the river (above) and even stopped at a playground for some adventurous fun (below and below).



Then he took me to Sonny Williams' Steak Room - a fancy restaurant in downtown LR (above). The food was great and the atmosphere was elegant... romantic even. While we were eating however, it began to pour outside. We were parked several blocks away & Matt offered to go get the truck since I was in a dress but I figured if he had to get drenched, I might as well join him. And so we ran through the rain... water dripping down our faces and making our clothes stick to us... and laughing... oh, how I laughed... I laughed like a school girl on a swing. I have never enjoyed running through the rain as much as I did last night... Holding your hand and trying not to fall on the slippery bricks... I couldn't have been happier. I'll run through the rain with you anytime, Matt...We thought about going bowling but then decided to just drive around instead. We listened to music and tried to dry off. We spent the rest of the night just enjoying our time together, listening to the rain and talking.
It's been an amazing 2 years, Matt... I've lived and loved and learned so much with you in my life. Everyday I'm so glad that I'm with you and I hope I don't ever have to leave your side... Here's to many more happy years!

No comments: