Monday, May 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I'm officially back in the province for awhile now. The rest of the Nova Scotia trip was a blast. We got to see some wonderful scenery and I took a ton of pics (all of which are now on facebook). We made it home yesterday morning and I'm not gonna lie, it was nice to be home and know that I didn't have a wedding or a trip to plan for this week. And we came home to a pleasant surprise: Simba had 6 kittens while we were gone! Their eyes are going to be opening in the next few days and that's when they get really cute. I love kittens in the summertime!

Speaking of summertime, I'm looking forward to a lot of things this summer. I get to see my friends and family, I get to play in the HH slo-pitch tournament again this year, my grandparents are coming to visit, Matt is coming to visit (hopefully), and I get to be a counselor at ARWC for the 20th year anniversary. But I'm also looking forward to some of the small things I love about being home... gardening, playing with my dogs (and now kittens!), going for a bike ride, reading a book in the hammock, etc. Now hopefully I won't get allow myself to get so busy that I don't have time for those small things that I love so much.

On a sadder note, we found out last week that Debbie's cancer has moved into her lungs and liver. They say it's just a matter of weeks, maybe months now. We're taking it day by day but it's pretty tough. I feel so bad for Dale. He's the oldest and feels like he should be able to protect his sister somehow even though he knows he has no control over this. And I feel so bad for her husband Brad. He's been so great through all of this. He took a leave of absence from work and has been home with Debbie and little James who will be 2 in a couple weeks. *sigh* life just isn't fair sometimes...

Back to happier things.. I had a dentist appointment this morning and I made it through another year without any cavities! And we got a bunch of the garden planted and some flowerbeds done too today. Hooray for getting stuff done and being able to be outside to enjoy the fresh air!

No comments: