Sunday, June 22, 2008

Down on the Farm

Dad and I went down to "The Farm" (Stienwand's in Castor, AB) this weekend. I think it was exactly what I needed. Down on the farm you don't think too much about everything else that's going on in your otherwise hectic/chaotic/sometimes stressful life. Everything just kinda slips away when you're hunting gophers (I got 10!), riding around in the tractor, riding horses through the coulee to round up cattle (I felt like a bonafide cowgirl!), and fishing in the late evening when the pond is so calm and the sunset behind you is beautiful. (It helped that I caught a fish too!) It's kinda sad that it's back to work tomorrow... but I enjoyed the break from the day-to-day routine. It was rather refreshing... except that I don't feel very good right now. I'm not sure if it's a cold or if it's allergies... oh well, you can't win 'em all!

No comments: