Wow how can you tell that today is the Monday after spring break? Maybe because I'm tired and really not motivated to be doing anything. I dragged myself through classes today (but luckily I only had 2) and have since been trying to catch up on little things and try and get prepared for the craziness that will be my life in the next few weeks. But first, an update about the past month since I haven't blogged in forever.
I finally finished my application and essays (3) for the MBA program and turned it in the Thursday before break. They said I should hear within 2-3 weeks regarding my acceptance. I'm pretty confident about it but I will feel a lot better when I know it's confirmed. *Crosses fingers*
I got the GA (Grad Assistant) position I wanted in the COBA office. (Anyone else think it's ironic that I already have the GA position and I'm not technically accepted into grad school yet? haha). I was offered 2 positions (the COBA one and one in the testing lab) at the same time. I felt good about the interviewing experience I gained from that ordeal and am very excited about working in the COBA office next year. I love the COBA faculty and I think it will be a lot of fun and a good experience to work with them.
Our business plan that we slaved over last semester and the first part of this semester made Top 12 in the Governor's Cup competition! We present in Little Rock April 3rd. Arkansas Capital is putting us up for free in the Peabody Hotel for the competition... niceeee.
Spring Break was great. Some highlights and a few pictures are included below.
-spending 10 days straight with Matt
-spending 10 days straight with Matt while not having classes/project meetings/SAM meetings/work all week (I would say without hw either but I did do a little over break)
-relaxing (aka watching TV, movies, playing pool, playing PS2, going for a drive around the lake)
-eating his favorite pizza subs from C.D.'s that he used to get before football games
-hanging out with some of his high school friends and finally getting to meet Tim now that he's back from Iraq
-seeing his brother Ryan perform in the Southwestern Michigan Vocal Festival (choir concert)
-Matt's mom making a steak dinner and cake for Matt's bday and then going out to see Gran Torino
-getting to look through a bunch of old photo albums of Matt and his family on vacations, etc when he was a kid... so cute!
-free laundry and some homecooked meals!
I found his football jerseys from high school in his closet so I just had to get a pic! Go Vikings! :-P
Me and the birthday boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment