Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just Another Day...

I'm not going to lie. I got a little homesick today. Mom always made Halloween so much fun. When I was a kid she always helped me get my costume together and sometimes she would even dress up to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters. In recent years she really let her decorating skills go crazy and made our deck and sidewalk look phenomenal with cool decorations and such. Today didn't even feel like Halloween here. A couple of my professors gave us a bit of candy in class and I saw a couple people dressed up but that was it. I didn't know anybody having a costume party and we're kinda too old for trick-or-treating. They didn't allow kids to come through our dorms this year so I don't even get to see the little kiddies. It's kinda depressing. Definitely made me realize how much I liked being home for certain holidays. However, I'm trying to remain positive and remind myself that it's better to be away from home on a little holiday like Halloween than being away from home at Christmas!! (Yet another holiday that Mom makes exciting...well family in general makes it awesome). In other news...
-The management test on Monday was a breeze, the Law test today went pretty well I think, and Personal Finance is cancelled tomorrow so our project isn't due until Tuesday...score!
-The girls on Harding's volleyball team rocked it 3-0 last nite in the Gulf South West Championship game. What a great thing to watch! I forgot how good our v-ball team was...I haven't been to a game in a long time. It's kinda cool to see people you know playing in important games like that!
-Nikki and I had a roommate date Monday nite. Pool, air hockey, dinner and watching M*A*S*H. It was good to have some hang-out time...we don't get that as much these days with everyone's schedule being so crazy (and me trying to balance a boyfriend and friends...)
-This weekend is Homecoming. The musical this year is Wizard of Oz and I know a few people in it so I'm excited to go see that Friday nite. Matt's mom and bro are coming this weekend so I'll get to meet his bro for the first time.
Well that's all for tonite...I actually don't have that much homework tonite so I'm pretty excited...perhaps time for some more M*A*S*H? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiiiiii!
sorry your halloween was a bit lacking. but yay for christmas!

and apparently in Wien (aka Vienna, remember) they had signs up for halloween spelled: HalloWien (translation: hello, Vienna! ha!). how funny is THAT!

loveeee youuuuuuuu