Not sure if winding down is the proper phrasing. Winding down kind of implies a slow, gradual process. The last couple weeks have been anything but slow and gradual. As always, it's the end of the summer crunch to squeeze in appointments and last precious time with family and friends. This past week I was doing something every nite after work. Monday was a chiro appt and bowling w/ Natalie. Tuesday we had Evan for the nite so we played basketball and foosball after a big roast dinner. Wednesday I went for dinner and tennis at Dad's. Thursday I went for dinner and a movie w/ Chris. Friday nite we went to Zeke & Red's and sat around the fire. Saturday I finally got a day at home. I slept in, watched some Olympics, finished watching a movie I had started Tuesday after work, and shelled enough peas to possibly make me wanna revoke the post entitled "Just a Regular Green Thumb" (haha). Yesterday was church and then a big group of us went out for lunch at BP as a kinda "goodbye" lunch for me and Melissa who are both heading back to HU this week. Helped Mom with a few things around the house and then our neighbors came over for a visit last nite. Today I have to do some serious packing and then I get to pick up Nikki at the airport. This afternoon will just be packing and no doubt a lot of talking (with her being gone in Atlanta this summer we didn't talk nearly as much as we usually do so we have lots to catch up on). Hopefully I can take the quad out for one last spin too. I think we're having a big dinner w/ Mom and Dale and then going to Dad's for dessert/air hockey/say goodbye. Tomorrow is a busy day. Chiro appt at 9:15 (eww) and then drop my car off at the dealership to get an oil change while I have a hair appt at 10:00. Come home and finish packing up the car and then spend the nite just hanging w/ Mom and Dale. We head out Wednesday morning and will hopefully make it to HU Saturday.
It's kinda hard to believe how fast the summer went... but at the same time, it was a good one. I got to do a lot of cool things and the memories will be cherished. I have grown a lot closer to people and really strengthened some relationships this summer. At first I was only excited to get back to school to see everyone (esp. my man!) but now I'm getting excited about classes and everything too. I can't believe I'm a senior! The future hold a lot of exciting (and scary!) things but I think I'm ready for the challenge... at least I hope I am...
Anyways, better get packing and showered so I can pick up Nik at the airport!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You had lunch at BP? Like, the gas station?
When are you getting to school?
Post a Comment