Sunday, January 13, 2008

Welcome Back to Arkansas

Well I'm back in the booming town of Searcy, AR. The last few days at home were great. Highlights include: getting to spend a whole evening with Allison (and getting to feed the adorable Caitlin!!), finding bridesmaid dresses w/ Phil in only a couple hours worth of shopping (go us!), beating Dad at a fun game of ping-pong after meeting him for lunch one day, playing foosball w/ Dale (even tho I lost the 7-game series 4-3), the fact that Mom didn't have to go on her pairing afterall and could therefore spend more time w/ me and see me off at the airport, getting a new hair do and getting to see Ev one last time over dinner at BP ("Bye Cole. I'm gonna miss you!! *nicole melts*)

I didn't know if I'd get out of the country cuz the customs agent was whacked and didn't understand the concept of me having dual citizenship and therefore not needing a ton of paperwork to go to school in the US. But I made it on my WestJet flight to Phoenix just fine and then my 6 hour layover in the heart of Arizona actually went by fairly fast. My Southwest flight to Little Rock went by a little slower than I would have liked but probably cuz I was excited to get here. I did however get to read all of "Things I Overheard While Talking To Myself" by Alan Alda in one day...hooray for reading something other than textbooks!

Matt picked me up at the airport. Hooray for seeing my boy after a whole month of being apart! Then him and I got to hang out a bit tonite so it was nice to actually spend some time together. Today I spent fun time w/ the girls, got groceries and got my textbooks...the damage was only $246...that's a lot better than previous semesters!!

I can't believe classes start tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm ready for it. But at the same time I am. I'm not looking forward to the homework but I'm looking forward to the fun that being at school brings. There's things that scare me about this semester...my managerial finance class...Matt's work schedule...not feeling like I always know how to help out friends who are having a rough time... But at the same time I'm excited about this semester...the fun times...the new experiences...the things I will learn in the classroom...and more importantly the things I will learn in People and Circumstances 101.

No comments: