Monday, January 21, 2008

Wish I Had a Good Idea for a Title

Can't believe we're already into the 2nd week of classes. They are going well I guess. In 2 of them, today was the first day we even took notes or did anything really. The rest of them we've been having hw and online quizzes right off the bat. So it evens out. This weekend was good. Friday was dinner w/ Matt and then we met some friends in the Benson to watch Ratatouille. Saturday was sleep in, do a little hw, veg out, eat in the caf (a first for the semester lol) and watch the girl's bball game. My friend Tex and the rest of the gang pulled off an impressive win and a well-played game. It made me miss bball so much...glad I signed up for intramurals! Then that night we watched "Identity" and "Mr. Brooks". Both were thrillers and on top of that, qualified for Joni's nursing psych hw of watching movies involving characters w/ psychological disorders. I would recommend either of them for a thrilling viewing experience. Yesterday was church, homework, running errands, and going to Downtown (w/ Matt!). It was so great to be able to go with him. We handled the first weekend of his new work schedule quite well. He's pretty tired today after his long shifts... but I can't blame him, I'm tired and I didn't even work 32.5 hours this weekend! I'm really happy with things between us right now. Just little things he's been doing to show me that he cares and is trying to make this work despite crazy schedules :)
And now for that "annoying things" list:
-In my accounting class we have to read a 384 page business "novel" and write a 5 page paper over it. It's not due till April 3... but what's up with a book report in an accounting class... I thought this was for crunching numbers??
-Brenna's car got egged this weekend... seriously? Get a life, kids!
-I went to Staples yesterday to buy a black ink cartridge. I got there just as the store was closing so I was trying to hurry. I found a 2-pack that was a good deal, paid for it, brought it home and ripped it open... only to find out I had accidentally grabbed the wrong one... but b/c it's already opened I doubt I can return it... I was pretty ticked... in fact I'm still kinda irritated by it...
-I have to read the entire gospel of John by tomorrow morning... I have a couple chapters read already but mann...and we have a quiz over all of that plus 3 chapters in our textbook! yikes!

Well that's enough for now... I should go read some more of John... or take a nap since I'm ridiculously tired for some reason today...

No comments: