After going for lunch and then shopping with my cousin Dallas yesterday afternoon, I rang in the New Year at the church in Camrose last nite. They had a movie and games nite with lots of food. I ended up eating lots of junk food and playing dominoes all nite and it was a blast. I slept in on this first day of 2008 and then Dad made me sausage, eggs and toast. Then we went to Sherwood Park to take Russ (Dad's cousin) up on an incredible offer...they had too much stuff in their basement and something had to go...so we got their air hockey table! We got the neighbor to help us carry it in and then Dad and I set it up. I am currently undefeated...although we only played two games haha! Between the air hockey table now at Dad's, the foosball table at Mom's, the ping-pong table at Phil's and the one at Dad's work... I just need to find somebody with a pool table and I'm all set ...well I do know somebody that has one... but I'd have to go all the way to Michigan to play with the special guy... which might not be such a bad thing... ;-)
I'm currently reading the original Wizard of Oz (lent to me by Brenna since I have never read it and up until this fall at Harding's Homecoming musical I had never seen it). I got 3 books for xmas and a gift card to Chapters/Indigo so I bought another one with that. I have some serious reading to do over the break...cuz I know I never get anything but textbooks read at school!
Here's a little thing I got in an email...thought it was appropriate for a New Year's post:
May the New Year bring you:
Troubles that last only seconds
Giggles that last minutes
Chuckles that last hours
Laughs that last days
Smiles that last weeks
Happiness that lasts months
Friendships that last years
But most of all
LOVE that lasts a lifetime!
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment