Monday, January 7, 2008

Fondues, Hockey, and Anatomically Incorrect Cattle

My day with Mom on Friday was awesome. Got my eyebrows waxed (yess!) and then went shopping. Mom needed to pick up a few things and I bought some clothes with some money/gift cards I got for xmas. We came home and had a fondue that nite. It was so good. Especially the salmon. Best. Salmon. Ever. Period. And we had so many laughs...at one point I was lying on the floor I was laughing so hard. What a blast. Pics soon to come on facebook :)

Saturday Evan had a hockey game in Camrose. I went and watched (which made him really happy!). They tied 4-4. Lorie & Shakey had extra tickets to the Oiler's game so Mom & Dale went to that while Evan and I had a fun nite (him and I always do something fun when I'm home from school). After he showered and put away his hockey stuff, we played a 7 game series of foosball. Unfortunately I lost 4-3. Then we ate pizza and watched Barnyard. *NOTE: Does it bother anyone else that the male cattle have udders? The show was hilarious...but the producers didn't do their research!* Then we caught the last bit of the hockey game (Oilers beat the Rangers 3-2 in an SO...yeahhh!) We played like 5 min of Nintendo and then Ev had to get to bed. Yay for fun times w/ my bro! :)

Yesterday I woke up feeling so gross. I had tossed and turned all nite and kept waking up and looking at the clock. I woke up feeling sick to my stomach. So I went back to bed and unfortunately missed my only chance to see a bunch of people at church in Edmonton. I slept for quite awhile and still felt pretty gross when I woke up. But once I got up and going I started to feel a little better. I was feeling better by late afternoon and went to my aunt & uncle's for dinner. My cousin Dallas was there too so that was fun. We had dinner, played Rummoli and watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I ended up staying the nite there instead of having to drive home late.

And now here I sit...munching on chips & dill pickle dip (since I can't find any of this delicious snack south of the 49th!) I better go have a shower and maybe clean my room. I'm supposed to hang out w/ Allison again tonite...woohoo! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICOLE!

About Dill Pickle Dip. I was insanely sad about not being able to find it down here either, and it's not like you can easily mail something that has to be refrigerated...BUT, I was at the grocery store yesterday and found Kroger brand "low fat cucumber dill dip" which is the CLOSEST thing I've found. Not as good, but satisfies the craving. And the whole "low fat" part isn't even that bad! Everyone down here thinks I'm insane for wanting this dip. So, if you have a Kroger, go look for it! :) Ironic that I read this post the day after I found it! :)