Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Off to a Good Start

Well as the title says, this semester is starting off quite nicely. There've been some annoying things which I may post about later but this post is about good things:

-My books were only $246 (there have since been some additional things I needed but that would make this my "annoying" list...) but that is the lowest they have been in a long time...
-My Managerial Finance class looks like it's going to be kinda tough...but the teacher isn't quite the toughie I had imagined him to be. I mean he's tough but not impossible. And I got a 100% on my quiz over the syllabus...perhaps the only time in this class I'll ever make a grade that high so I better enjoy it :)
-I have friends in some of my classes...always a bonus
-I got ambitious Monday afternoon...I read a chapter for Marketing and took the online quiz over it...and it's not due till Sunday nite! Whoa...figured I'd better take advantage of that ambitious feeling before it fizzled out like it is known to do over the course of the semester... :P
-We have to read a book for my accounting class (to go further in detail would also be mixing this with my "annoying" list)...I did however find the book on Amazon.com for only $9.96 including shipping!
-Nikki and I always say at the beginning of every semester that we're gonna try to be more active. We decided the same thing this semester but perhaps we're better on our way to keeping that promise...Monday nite we went swimming for almost an hour. Not bad for the first day of school! And last nite I went for a walk around campus with Matt for like 35-40 minutes. AND I finally got up the nerve/didn't forget the deadline and signed up for basketball intramurals that start next week.
-Matt and I have managed to hang out for at least a little bit every day since we got back. yay for making things work despite schedules! :)

So...needless to say there have been some pretty sweet things happening so far this semester. Like I said, I may post later about the annoying things too but we'll see. I'm off to do my Accounting homework...

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yay! i'm so glad things are "off to a good start"!