Monday, March 17, 2008

How much can one take?

It started out a typical Monday... feeling kinda tired and "blah" with overcast skies to match. I was feeling kinda emotional all day and just anxious about a lot of things. Little did I know that was only the beginning...

I got out of my Marketing class early and came back to my room. My cousin was online and I started talking to her, only to find out that my uncle's cancer has relapsed. They're pretty optimistic about treatment options but it's just sad because he was doing so well for like 3.5 years now...

Then Joni came back to the room and was rather distraught over a failing test grade and some very unhelpful professors so I felt pretty bad for her...

Soon after that, Nikki's phone rang and it was J.D., the youth minister in Atlanta that she was going to intern with this summer. He was unfortunately the bearer of bad news. The elders of his church unexpectedly decided the budget was too tight, fired the secretary and told J.D. he can't have interns anymore. So now she's out of an internship. Just like that. J.D. felt awful and Nikki was absolutely shocked and distraught. If she can't find another internship, she can't graduate on time. She's already turned down a bunch of other ones because this Atlanta one was all lined up. I felt so bad for her. She had absolutely no control over that situation...

Then just when I thought the day couldn't get much worse, I found out that Phil had a nasty accident at work today and has to have plastic surgery tomorrow. She was cutting a piece of wood, when all of a sudden the wood bucked but her hand stayed and the saw sliced right through it. The bone wasn't damaged but the muscle from the fleshy part of the thumb all the way across the palm to the little finger needs to be re-attached and sown back up. I can't get the image of her hand being sliced open out of my head...

I almost want to go to bed right now to prevent anything further from happening.

*sigh* what a day!

1 comment:

Lucas said...

What a sad day, Coco! I am so sorry that all of that happened. Was today (Tuesday) better?