Just today I found this folder called "Special Emails" that I had saved from back in high school and my early college years. Some were funny or encouraging responses to those crazy email surveys that my friends and I used to send around relentlessly; desperately wanting to know people's opinions of us (and if they thought we were nice? friendly? more than a friend? funny? hot? crazy? etc). Some were sweet emails that people had sent during some rough times in high school or when I first went away to college to tell me to have a great time and let me know that I was missed. Some were a little more painful to read - they were from a certain boy that I deeply loved at the time and for a time I thought the feelings were mutual or at least growing in that direction (...until he unexpectedly dropped me and got back with his ex...)
Anyways, I thought it was interesting to find this folder and look back on all those times in my life. There was a lot of hurt back then... but there was also a lot of good times and good friends/family. And it's interesting to see how it all has unfolded since then. I was deeply hurt when the aforementioned boy dropped me but since then I have realized that although I dreamt about marrying him, it never would have worked. Not to mention that I have found a guy that I love even more and who treats me better than I have ever been treated. I dream of marrying him too but this time I think it's a little more realistic... :)
Oh yeah, if you haven't noticed, I'm feeling a whole lot better about things with Matt. We've been able to talk quite a bit the last few days. His words even made me cry night before last... but don't worry it was in an incredibly good way. I have never felt so loved, respected and special. He makes me feel like I can do anything and that I'm the only girl in the world that he wants. I can't wait to see him again in a few days...!!
Ok I'm sorry to turn this ridiculously mushy... but it's the truth :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment