After 4 days of various (but fun) activities with the McNalty clan, Dad and I went down to the farm for a couple days. There's not much to do this time of year except feed cows and listen to Norm's views on women getting married, staying home and having kids and how Marian was already doing these things at my age. (Sorry, I love the man to death, but I didn't need those comments this time around). Alas, the frost and snow on the trees was pretty and I got to ride around in the tractor when we fed the cows so not all was lost. I came back to Mom's yesterday and after some errands in Leduc we just settled in for a cozy nite at home. We watched Canada beat the USA 7-4 in the last round robin game of the World Juniors (My Canadian pride was sure kickin in then!) and then watched the Oilers lose to Calgary 6-4 (boo!). Good friends of the family (Lorie & Shakey) dropped by about 11 and we watched various performers on TV and rang in the New Year. My boy called me at like 1:30 my time and talked for an hour and a half because the people he was hanging out with had already gone to bed but he wasn't tired yet. It was a good start to the year.
Like I mentioned in previous posts, I have been able to do a little non-school-related reading over the break. Here is a quote I came across that I found fitting for the New Year...
"Waste no time feeling guilty about the past; instead promise yourself that the future will be different" - Phyllis K. Davis, Ph.D
Happy 2009 Everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment