Thursday, January 8, 2009

Highlights From The Final Week

Well my break is coming to a close... but the final week has been pretty good. A little more laid back than the rest of break (which is nice) but still filled with some fun times...
-Saturday was lunch with Phil & Cheryl. It's become a tradition for the 3 of us to hang out at least once every time I'm home. Saturday night I hung out with Evan and watched Canada beat Russia 7-4 in the World Juniors semi-final. Then we played foosball, wrestled (proud to say I won that match!) and then Battleship.
-Sunday was getting to see a bunch of peope at church in Edmonton and a bunch of us went out for lunch. Met up with Dallas at West Ed for some bowling, glo-in-the-dark mini-golf and shopping.
-Monday was some errands with Mom, watching Canada pound Sweden 5-1 in the final (see Proud to Be Canadian), and then having a hilarious game of Catch Phrase with Mom and Dale. Sadly, had to say goodbye to Mom since she left Tues morning for the buying show in ATL but I know she's gonna have a great time.
-Tuesday was a Costco run with Phil and then laughing till we cried watching Get Smart back at Dad's.
-Wednesday was a relaxing day. I finished The Mad Trapper by Rudy Wiebe (that I started Tuesday nite). It's a book of Norm & Marian's that Dad had recommended I read . I interrupted Improving Your Serve so I could read The Mad Trapper and give it to Dad to give back to them. When Dad first described it to me it sounded kinda weird and not something I would really like but once I got into it, I was zipping through wanting to find out what happened. After dinner, Dad and I played some crokinole and watched M*A*S*H
-Today I went to Phil's and helped her make some cookies and then we played Wii all afternoon. While there is always a lot to laugh about whenever Phil and I hang out, perhaps one of the best quotes of the day came from my dear prego friend when she said "I thought I felt the baby kicking last night...which is funny cuz I don't think it has legs yet". (I love you Phil!) After dinner, I got to talk to Uncle Bill & Aunt Norma & Dallas on the phone and played a little Catch Phrase w/ Dad. Said goodnight/goodbye to him since I'll be leaving to go back to Mom's after he goes to work tomorrow.

Sidenote: and now I'm waiting to hear from Matt... he is at the ER right now w/ a possible sprained shoulder/broken collarbone. He hit a jump wrong snowboarding today and landed on his shoulder. I know it's not as serious as it could be but I'm still kinda worried...prayers would be appreciated!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no about matt! I'll pray for him right now!

(glad to hear you had a good last week before things get ca-razay again!)

Lucas said...

It sounds like a good end to break, Coco. Well, except for Matt's potential "break."

I hope that sounded kind of funny and not just dark.