Well I must say things are lookin' a little brighter than they were a few days ago (minus the weather to be discussed shortly). Went to the tire shop and they told me I needed a new rim. We went to the dealership and a new one would be 300. After a little searching, Matt found a rim on eBay and they can have it here by tomorrow. The guys at the tire shop had one last used tire that would work and they will mount & balance everything for me on Thursday so I can still leave on Friday as planned. What a huge relief!
I was supposed to have an 8:00 POM final today but it is moved to tonight at 6:30 due to some nasty freezing rain yesterday that has made all roads complete skating rinks with a couple inches of ice. I managed to get to the tire shop yesterday before the really ridiculous weather kicked in but there was still quite a layer of ice on my windshield. My ice scraper is at home (thinking I wouldn't really need it in Arkansas). So, being the somewhat creative person that I am, I put the defrost on full blast for a few minutes and then used a CD cover to scrape off the ice. I later used the same CD cover to help Matt scrape off his enough to see so we could go to AutoZone and buy a scraper. I crack myself up sometimes... but hey, at least it got the job done!
I took my SBM final yesterday morning and feel pretty good about it. There were some I was unsure of but I calculated it and I only have to make a 53 on that one to keep my A so I think I'm gonna be just fine. We also got our business plan projects back and between the written plan and the oral presentation we made a 95% overall! It was so nice to see that all of our hard work (group meetings EVERY week and lots of individual work outside of those meetings) finally paid off. Frazier & Emerson said that with some polishing we can definitely make the Top 12 in the Governor's Cup competition next semester!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment