Monday, December 8, 2008

Going Out of My Mind

Or so it feels like. Actually I'm doing a little better right now than I was about half an hour ago. That is because I just got back from running some errands on campus and feel like I've actually accomplished something with my day. I cashed a check at the Bus. office, checked my mail (and had xmas cards from my cousin Dallas and the wonderful Maass family... hooray real mail and holiday cheer!), mailed some cards of my own (a sympathy card to a family friend who just lost her elderly mother, a bday card to my mom and an xmas card to Matt's family), and stopped by the ASI office and talked to Dr. Reely about my POM project. I feel a lot better about which direction I'm taking it... now I just have to get it finished by Thursday at 8:30 am!

My weekend was pretty low-key. Matt took me out to dinner at Boston's in Little Rock. They are somehow affiliated with Boston Pizza back home but they're not quite the same. Oh well, it was still neat to see some resemblance of something from home. Then we played around in Best Buy... checking out the huge flat screens, playing with the stereo equipment and trying our hand at Rock Band. Then we just drove around and talked and had a nice relaxing evening. It was fun. Saturday I slept in, went to Walmart for some groceries and then we just vegged most the day. Nik and Katie and I watched movies and played Catch Phrase. I had previously wanted to go to the basketball games but didn't really feel like going anywhere when the time came. Sunday was church, lunch, nap and then workin' on my POM project which led to some major frustration (which has now been resolved thanks to the aforementioned meeting with Dr. Reely) and I worked a bit on our presentation of our business plan.

So it sounds like things have been decent right? Why am I going out of my mind? I have class tonight from 6-8:30 and then a meeting at 8:30 to practice our business plan presentation. Which means I have to figure out my part of the presentation before 6. And we have a POM quiz tomorrow that I have to study for at some point. Before Wednesday we have to perfect our bus. plan pres and that POM project is due Thurs. Luckily I figured out my little issue but I still have a lot of work left to do. Then I have a 12 page "Code of Ethics" due by 5:00 pm Friday that I haven't even started. And I only have 2 pairs of socks left so I seriously need to do some laundry but don't really know when that's going to happen. Ahhh, I hate the end of the semester crunch. If I can just make it till Friday... then I have to study for finals but finals generally don't stress me out as much as the projects and presentations that are always due the week before.

To end on a good note: Mom said she's saving some of the Christmas baking to do when I get home so I can feel more a part of the holiday.... YES!! :)

No comments: