After celebrating Nikki's birthday Thursday night and then packing and cleaning, Friday morning we left for the airport. I dropped Nikki off and made my way towards Ft. Worth. Between some hilarious text messages (thanks Dan!) and some good tunes, the drive actually didn't seem that bad. Traffic didn't get bed till about Bedford/Hurst and the 820 was pretty slow going but other than that it was great. Luckily I got there before rush hour so that helped. Nana let me do some laundry at her house and I'll even have clean towels to pick up on my way back through! Visited with them and went to bed early. They took me to Uncle Lyle & Aunt Carrie's for a short visit and then Uncle Lyle took me to the airport. My flight was delayed but I wasn't too worried. I read my book and watched the cute antics of a little girl that looked quite similar to my cousin Karli. Read a little more on the flight from Dallas to Albequerque where we briefly touched down to let some passengers off and a few more came on. I made friends with a Southwest flight attendant named Keith and we chatted most the way from Albequerque to Phoenix. He was super cool and we're even facebook friends now haha. I was too early to check in for my WestJet flight to Edmonton so I took advantage of the wireless and checked FB/email/chatted on MSN. Went to check in and there was a slight glitch with something regarding payment for the flight so while I waited to hear back from Mom I talked with the WJ ticket agents. The one, Lori, was running on the conveyor belt like a treadmill and then actually got out from behind the counter and did some cartwheels. They were totally bored but so was I so it was a good combo. They even gave me this little rubber pencil topper shaped like a plane and signed it for me. I guess it was a good day for run-ins with airline employees (and it helps that Mom is one so I kinda know their lingo)! My flight to Edmonton was a few minutes late leaving but nothing compared to some passengers who were trying to get to Calgary. Going through customs didn't take too long but waiting for my bags took some time since there were 3 flights that came in around the same time on the same carousel. Oh well, I made it through that last customs guy and through the double doors to see Mom, Dale, Evan and even Phil & Jon waiting for me! It was a happy reunion and despite my complete exhaustion, I ended up staying up excitedly chatting with Mom & Dale until almost 2. Wow, it was good to be home!
My first 2 days at home have been great but I shall save the description of that for another post... there's pics on FB tho!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment