Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Slight Glitch In The System

So before break I had gone over my schedule with my advisor, registered for spring classes and turned in my "request for degree" form to the registrar's office. I had checked, re-checked and double re-checked everything and thought I had it all figured out. Then I get this lovely email from the registrar over break saying that I'm missing 2 hrs of the 128 needed to graduate. I was rather frustrated/freaked out about it over break so I went and talked to the registrar Monday afternoon. Turns out when they originally told me that my ACT score got me out of taking Stats (3 hrs) they didn't bother to mention that I needed to take something else to make up for those hours. I had never even thought about and figured that getting out of it meant I was out of it and didn't have to worry about it anymore. I took Honors Human Situation (3 hrs) in place of Music Appreciation (2 hrs) so I was +1 for that but when you net it all out, I was in fact, as they said, missing 2 hrs. I was kinda worried how I would fit another 2 hrs into my sched (I only had 14 hrs scheduled for next semester but Dr. Frazier said to treat SAM case team as another class so I was thinking it'd be about right). However, after some figuring, I realized that the Bible class I was in was variable credit so I changed that from 2 to 3 and added a Kines activity class for an easy credit hour. Which one you ask? Get this... Beginners Basketball! I played basketball for 6 years (7th-12th grade)... If I can't make an A in Beg. Bball then I don't deserve to play ever again! Here's what my sched looks like for next semester. Still should be pretty decent. I kinda wanted to avoid an 8:00 for my last semester but beggars can't be choosers (and I have that nice 2 hr break after chapel if I want to go take a shower!)

MWF
9:00-9:30 Chapel
10:00-10:50 Prophets: Jeremiah-Malachi
11:00-11:50 Management Information Systems
12:00-12:50 Strategic Policy

TR
8:00-8:50 Beg. Basketball
9:00-9:30 Chapel
11:30-12:45 Consumer Behavior
1:00-2:15 Human Resource Management

No comments: